Pre-Installation Questions (Buddyboss) passwords and more

elawrenc01
User ww
User ww

Pre-Installation Questions (Buddyboss) passwords and more

Post by elawrenc01 »

Hey there!
I have some question before I install and I wanted to know the right way to do things. I have already tested this and everything works:

I have a PHPBB forum with all my users. I am setting up Buddyboss Wordpress site.

I want to install W3ALL, Connect to PHPBB and Import my PHPBB Users into Wordpress. THen I want to turn off PHPBB registration and ONLY have login through Wordpress.

Is it better to use page-forum or the shortcode? Do I need to install the extension in PHPBB if I am only going to have WORDPRESS Login?

If a New user, they can register through WORDPRESS and it will create the user in PHPBB, correct?

Thank you for an awesome plugin!

[TITLE EDITED]
Ezrael
User www
User www

Re: Pre-Installation Questions

Post by Ezrael »

That's correct. during the installation you have be import pbpbb users to WP user. On my page im using just the wp registration as well.

I did a change in the core phpbb files and changed the registration for the whole phpbb. All registration request are automatically forwarded to the wp registration.

phpBB3/includes/functions.php

Search for

Code: Select all

'U_REGISTER'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=register'),
change it to

Code: Select all

'U_REGISTER'			=> 'https://YourWpRegistrationLink',

Perge the cache via ACP after your changes
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Pre-Installation Questions (Buddyboss)

Post by axew3 »

elawrenc01 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:29 pm Hey there!
I have some question before I install and I wanted to know the right way to do things. I have already tested this and everything works:

I have a PHPBB forum with all my users. I am setting up Buddyboss Wordpress site.

I want to install W3ALL, Connect to PHPBB and Import my PHPBB Users into Wordpress. THen I want to turn off PHPBB registration and ONLY have login through Wordpress.

Is it better to use page-forum or the shortcode? Do I need to install the extension in PHPBB if I am only going to have WORDPRESS Login?

If a New user, they can register through WORDPRESS and it will create the user in PHPBB, correct?

Thank you for an awesome plugin!

[TITLE EDITED]
Hello!

There is no problem with Buddyboss, except a thing that if not changed, i remember that it was going on wrong:
when the site is accessed by the app, and not via browser, then pages require a fix so to not load the integration code, totally not required in those cases.
I do not remember exactly what i did to fix the problem, it was long time ago, not exactly but substantially, i surely remember this:
to fix the issue, it is just required to detect/check if the Url request contain the folder name properly used by buddyboss (which i do not remember how was named or if it can be custom) to serve the site pages via app.
If you want, i can be there for free, to fix your issue when and if (maybe after years it is not the same) you'll go in trouble with, so we can add it by default to the integration plugin.
The shortcode, because it fit any gutenberg template, any scenario, page, post or anything else where you could thing to place it.

If you do not want let users to update their email and password and register into phpBB, and into the help procedure there is the explain on how to easily do this via phpBB ACP, there is no need to install the phpBB extension.
Well, of course. Except if you set the option DO NOT LINK USERS as active! In this case users are not linked-
https://www.axew3.com/w3/wordpress-phpb ... n-install/

Note: if you do not transfer users into phpBB when the integration start, by the way they will be added into phpBB as they will login into Wordpress (if a same username or email is not found into the linked phpBB).
The same goes for the contrary. A phpBB user that login into WP and do not exist, will be added.

Post by Guest »

Ok, great, thanks for all the info.

I want the forum to appear like it is integrated with the wordpress site.

Where should I place the forum folder. Can I place it as a subfolder from the Wordpress root?

/wordpress_root/board

And just call it forum in the integration? or should it be on another domain?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Yes, into a folder on the WP root, or wherever you want on SAME or SUBDOMAIN.
elawrenc01
User ww
User ww

Post by elawrenc01 »

Can it be like this..

phpbb_board.wordpress_root.com ?