Pre-Installation Questions (Buddyboss) passwords and more

elawrenc01
User ww
User ww

Re: Pre-Installation Questions (Buddyboss) passwords and more

Post by elawrenc01 »

Does this plugin generate any error logs?

I am unable to log in after linking phpbb users and Wordpress users

I even tried creating a new user in PHPBB and transferring it into Wordpress but still cannot log in with that user name.

Thanks

Ed L.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Does this plugin generate any error logs?
if it throw any error, that it is not i am quite sure,you should see it into the php error logs file.
The very simple users transfer works fine by years now.

The unique reason of this, could be the fact that you have a plugin that bypass this one on checking passwords in WP (really strange).
Or that in phpBB you had an extension that hashed passwords in a different way from phpBB defaults
old md5, old bcript or argorn (again really strange).

If you go to reset to the Linked mode the related option, and transferred phpBB users into WP users cannot login with same phpBB password:
they can login instead, if they reset the password? If no, i can advice you to find out someone that can understand what's going wrong with your (not common) scenario, if yes, then the phpBB hash of transferred users is not the one of the phpBB defaults, so they have to reset their password.
elawrenc01
User ww
User ww

Post by elawrenc01 »

It's possible that BuddyBoss is causing a problem. I have to look into it deeper.

The problem is the forum that comes with BuddyBoss is terrible. PHPBB is a MUCH better option. And if the AXE3 plugin can work with BuddyBoss then it's a better option.

Back to the issue, if I put in the username and password, it looks like wordpress accepts the credentials but then goes back to login screen. I don't get an incorrect password error.

Maybe it's a cookie issue? I changed the cookie in PHPBB. Is there something to do on Wordpress side?

Thanks

Ed L.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

If you refer to the fact that this happen when on buddypress pages, YES probably because as said into previous answer, it need to be managed something sot to avoid the plugin execution when on these pages. I remember that i fixed it into a buddyboss site, avoiding something when in certain pages, but i do not remember what i did exactly and surely, probably, i would be able now to fix it in a better way.
So if you want, to make the long story short, you could:
send me credentials to access your ftp site (that for interesting for you it can be and i am sure it is, for me it is just another site and just represent for me, and for the benefit of the plugin, just an opportunity to make it better and more compatible. Nothing more.
I do not own a buddyboss working site, plus, it is not a free plugin.

I will take a fast look for free, if you want send me the credentials here:
https://www.axew3.com/w3/contact-alessio-nanni/
to proceed with peace of mind i want:
mysql phpmyadmin access.
ftp access.
a ready admin account in WP, and one in phpBB with same username and admin founder permissions (even i can create those manually, we go to collaborate in some way).
So i could test what it goes wrong and maybe patch the code.
elawrenc01
User ww
User ww

Post by elawrenc01 »

Ok, I have no problem with that. I will set up access for you. I will work on it later this evening, and I appreciate it, thank you!

Are you in the United States?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

No Umbria, Italy, but i will escape one day :D
p.s joking, i stay quite well where i am!