phpBB replies on posts

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

phpBB replies on posts

Post by axew3 »

After the vertical views prototype extension, that will be improved as possible, i would like to follow with another extension that seem to be very useful: replies on posts. Then the two will be packed as one (do you like discourse style?)
I just gave it a try on fly, setting up an extension prototype that display replies for posts based into a very simple concept, that let phpBB use all his native functions so to have (i hope) an incredible and not expected result.
I liked to do this done without disrupting phpBB himself, and instead having it doing all the dirty job.
Just probably discovered an unexpected way, which i am sure you'll love.

Stay tuned cool people, it should be awesome!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: phpBB replies on posts

Post by axew3 »

I'm pretty excited to present the (still not complete under an unique aspect, that will be fixed, but fully working) result that will be presented into an online phpBB here into this same site.

As said, i think that many will find it something amazing .... well, please do not look at moment to the result about buttons that are merely markup easily adjustable. Look instead that the awesome light extension, will let work your phpBB, like it is on Discourse.

Also, note that i do not know if Discourse can manage things like a post on Twitter or Facebook, so multiple replies on replies of replies.
Since the logic of the done, is practically the same, adding (i think, but i have to code it after i have figured out in mind how to, but i know it is quite easy now) few lines of code more.
As first version, it will allow only replies to posts, and not replies to replies of the replies of the replies (but i will code for challenge also this version, maybe as option).
Replies will be shown onclick, the joke about Hide when are loaded have still not applied... also maybe the text
Post's replies will be changed into Show replies maybe, and the entire way to display those buttons/actions links, and can changed as more like in minutes, so it will be done after all the most important works as it need to be.
Stay tuned lovely people!
Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 15-39-35 Oh - phpbb-IP.png
Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 15-39-35 Oh - phpbb-IP.png (76.67 KiB) Viewed 54 times
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: phpBB replies on posts

Post by axew3 »

Hello ladies and gentleman :D
It seem that i am quite excited to present...
This is the new Posts Replies extension for phpBB.
It is possible to reply on posts as more like and any feature can be added, or the look changed into anything with easy:
the important thing is that the extension work fine and what as been maybe thought as impossible because too hard to do, is here now.
Not completed about some aspect (also test/buttons look will be little improved, and elements may moved elsewhere?) but fully working, i am excited to present the result to you! It is so light, a very short code, using native phpBB event listeners functions and just a db table to record posts ids.
It is incredibly fast and non-intrusive.

https://www.axew3.com/www/dev/

If you like to test it, just register on fly (no activation required, no moderation for the first post) and look how it is possible to reply into posts like on Discourse. I am quite sure you'll like this new feature!

The Vertical views extension, also, will be soon improved to be amazing ... really you never have think that it is possible, to have phpBB doing same things like Discourse, and even better!? Wow! Here we go then ;)
(we'll aim to make it like social posts, on next version, at moment it works just like Discourse replies)

https://www.axew3.com/www/dev/
Screenshot 2024-10-13 at 23-44-38 Welcome to phpBB3 - FunDev.png
Screenshot 2024-10-13 at 23-44-38 Welcome to phpBB3 - FunDev.png (60.92 KiB) Viewed 25 times