User Integration PHPBB --> Wordpress

elawrenc01
User ww
User ww

User Integration PHPBB --> Wordpress

Post by elawrenc01 »

Hello,

About a month ago I tried doing some user integrations from PHPBB to Wordpress. Many of them worked ok but there was one user that failed and unfortunately the whole process stopped. Is there a way to skip failed users and continue with the import?

Otherwise, the import starts at the beginning and I have a LOT of users.

What is the best way to continue if there is an import failure?

Thanks!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: User Integration PHPBB --> Wordpress

Post by axew3 »

Well, you have reason.
This is it. Yes i know.
The same code, run unaltered by the very first plugin versions and it is a part that have never been updated. If an user fail, subsequent users in queue of the same "import click" aren't imported.
Ok, maybe it is time to take a look into the headache that it is.
And at least resolve this issue.
Let see...
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

I just checked the code and tested a transfer, causing issues, but the code seem that still works fine.
And it correctly process all subsequent users, if the current isn't created in WP.
It result that's not to you?

I do not remember if instead, the problem you report, affect the WP -> to phpBB users transfer-

And phpBB user's, if not existent, are added into WP when they as logged in phpBB will visits WP or when they login into WP (if not existent they will be added on fly).
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Or you mean the assertion
If error come out due to max execution time, it is necessary to adjust to a lower value the number of users to be added x time.
Refresh manually from browser: it will "reset the counter" of the transfer procedure.
It refer to the fact, that like in your case, if there are many users to be added, let say 500.000, you should may try to start adding
5000/6000 users (or even 10000 users, it depend on how much your server is powerful) and see if the transfer return error.
Let it run, maybe it will require minutes, until the browser run and you if you have no errors let it do the work (transfer).
Once you'll see after sometime, that there is the message to continue with the transfer, then continue adding same num of users per time.

If you get error on the first try, no problem: restart the process.
It will report users that have been already imported and will follow on add the not existent (and will run faster until no new users to be imported are found).
The point is to find out how many users per time your server can import.

And yes, an easy automation of the import could be coded. I will maybe do it easily as possible!
ale
User w
User w

Post by ale »

5000/6000 users (or even 10000 users, it depend on how much your server is powerful
it depends also by the server MAX execution time setting into your PHP.ini, so how much time the script can run before to return error.
elawrenc01
User ww
User ww

Post by elawrenc01 »

Ok I am going to try it again and see what happens.

Is it possible to add users from PHPBB to Wordpress as UNLINKED and then link them later?

Thanks

E. L.