Another (pro) template iframe integration is on the way

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Another (pro) template iframe integration is on the way

Post by axew3 »

So finally yes, i was not sure of, but now i can say that probably i've find out the way to:

do not push URL's into the parent WP address page.
let reload the page into the same, when an intentional browser's reload of the parent WP page occur.

But the most important that the new way do is this:
when the parent WP page is reloaded, into the base64 old code, the browser's history is lost.
Once the parent WP page has been reloaded, when you click into the browser's back button, the next/prev page that will show isn't anymore the one expected or worst, there is no one navigable, even if the history result to be populated. The browser's history is broken.
With the new code, this old and very notable issue, has been resolved.
And several more. There will be practically no difference on browsing the forum into the iframe or at real URL.
I feel like this into my local test.

There is a last issue that i would like to fix, so then the pro-template integration code will be released.
Stay tuned lovely people!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

After, i've return over this complicate thing.
I've get the following possible working results.

Using the history.replaceState in place of history.pushState and some other changes into the javascript that manage the iframe parent/child messages, and another php trick on same page-forum code (or the shortcode code when it will be added) it is possible to achieve the follow:
the parent, correctly show into the address bar, the actual iframe encoded phpBB url where it is on.
On parent reload so, the right phpBB page will be naturally presented, and plus, moving again back/forward with the browser, it will be ever and again on the right place. Very nice!

The other is this:
viewtopic.php?p=6605#p6605
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

And about the possibility to push real phpBB urls:
i tested that it is possible and works, but it is required that the wordpress and phpBB are into DOMAIN/DOMAIN or same SUBDOMAIN/SUBDOMAIN.
So if wordpress and phpBB are on same domain, or both on same subdomain, it is possible.
While it is not possible into domain/subdomain.

ex: wp at mysite.com and phpBB at mysub.mysite.com NOT possible
ex: wp at mysite.com and phpBB at mysite.com/forum possible
ex: wp at mysub.mysite.com and phpBB at mysub.mysite.com/forum possible

The unique problem, is this:
the address bar is pushed with real phpBB urls, and also the browser's history with the same value.
When an intentional browser's page refresh happen due to an intentional user's action that go to reload the WP parent page, the browser's history is broken exactly like it is now into the actual and still not updated base64.
Both will be provided, anyway the above new base64 works very fine and i will apply also, if possible, another good feature
viewtopic.php?p=6597#p6597